Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Salad



For my birthday this year a friend of mine gave me a big pot filled with fresh herbs (basil, parsley, thyme, lemon grass, sage, and pineapple sage). These herbs have become great flavor enhancers in my cooking both in raw and cooked form. Today I am sharing with you a recipe for my favorite salad I've been making recently. I don't give amounts because the amounts depend on how big a salad you want and also on personal taste. Enjoy!

Summer Salad

Butter lettuce in bite-size piecesTomato, cut into wedges
Carrot, shredded
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh chives, chopped
Fresh parsley, chopped
Pepper, freshly ground
Herb salt (I like Herbamare)
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Dried currants ("Korinthen" in German)
Walnuts, chopped
Acacia honey

Make a bed of lettuce and top it with the tomato and carrot. Sprinkle herbs on top. Add pepper and salt. Top with oil and vinegar. Garnish with currants and walnuts. Drizzle honey on top.  

2 comments:

  1. lovely, gonna have to try it. keep up the good work.
    paz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...this salad sounds delicious. I'll have to try it. More recipes please!!!

    ReplyDelete