Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crazy For Crumble



I have always loved crumbles. There is something fabulous about having the sweet gooey caramelized fruit on the bottom and the crunchy crumble on top. I also have always been a huge fan of berries. So when I saw Aran's new post on her blog "Cannelle et Vanille" with the title "Saturn Nectarines, Red Currants and Raspberries" I was immediately swept away and had to try the recipe ASAP. 

Until I saw the recipe I didn't realize that Saturn (or donut) nectarines existed. I had only ever heard of Saturn (or donut) peaches (German: Weinbergpfirsich). Since I have never seen Saturn nectarines here I just went ahead and bought Saturn peaches. 

The crumble and the mace mascarpone cream turned out just perfect!!! It was so good that my friend and I ate the whole crumble in one sitting...and I made a larger recipe to be able to use up all the crumble (excuses, excuses...). I plan to make the crumble again soon. However, next time I may substitute almonds for the pistachios since pistachios are really expensive. I also will go lighter on the mace in the mascarpone cream. And next time I will make sure I only make enough crumble as there are mouths to feed. Any volunteers???

5 comments:

  1. Yo me ofrezco como voluntario. You know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crumble too. I'm hoping you can make it for us when you are here in L.A. Be sure to bring the recipe. I never knew there were donut/saturn necturines either. But I am a huge fan of the peaches. I'm sure they taste very similar. Great job....keep them coming!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops....that last comment was from me....

    ReplyDelete