Thursday, September 25, 2008

Best Brownie Recipe


Sherry Yard's "Out-of-This-World Brownies" are the best brownies I have ever made! They are dense and smooth almost like a truffle. The recipe is from her book "Desserts by the Yard" and is the first recipe I have tried from this newly acquired treasure.

Here's the recipe. I have condensed the words to a bare minimum and have left out the salt since I never put salt in my desserts unless I am wanting that sweet/salty contrast, which is hardly ever the case. 

3/4 c plus 2 tblsp. flour
4 oz. (1 stick or 110 g) unsalted butter
1 oz. (30 g) unsweetened chocolate
7 oz. (200 g) bittersweet chocolate
2 large eggs
1 c sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Melt butter with all the chocolate in a pan set over a pot of simmering water. Stir till mixture is smooth. Let cool off.
3. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add butter and chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in flour.
4. Scrape batter into the pan and put in oven. Bake, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through, for 25-30 min, until slightly firm to the touch and a crust has formed on top.
5. Allow to cool in the pan (if you can wait that long--I can't). Cut into squares. 

You will not regret making this recipe! 


1 comment:

  1. Awwwww....here it is. I'm going to try these. I've been thinking about them ever since Easter '10 when Kathy made them and served the fabulous Haagen Daz "Five" ice cream with them.

    ReplyDelete