Saturday, October 11, 2008

Klara in Nürnberg

I have been pleasantly surprised by a fairly new restaurant in Nürnberg called Klara. It opened in October 2006 after previous restaurants at its location (next to the "Neues Museum", the museum of art and design) had failed. Since its opening I had been to Klara a few times, but I was never thrilled until my last visit a few days ago. I think I know why. As of May of this year the restaurant has a new chef. And with this new chef the dishes have become better! Following are pictures of what we had. Everything was delicious and I will definitely be going back soon!

Ravioli with Mussels and Root Vegetables in a Saffron Cream Sauce 


Beef Roulade with Mashed Potatoes

Side Salad


Wine Chocolate Cake with Stewed Prunes and Whipped Cream


P.S. Klara has a wonderful outdoor seating area on the "Klarissenplatz", which is great in summer. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure wish I'd been with you...the dishes look so delicious. Very nice presentation. I wish we had some small, privately owned restaurants around here with really good food. I'm tired of the same ol' chain restaurant food.

    ReplyDelete