Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wild Mushroom Pierogies


Sheesh, I've really been neglecting my blog lately. It doesn't help that Christmas is around the corner, meaning free time is crammed with buying gifts and making cookies! (Not that those are bad things, especially the cookie baking...)

About two weeks ago I made a Polish dish for the first time. I had bought mushrooms and was searching for mushroom recipes on epicurious using the iPhone application. Handy tool, by the way. After browsing various recipes I finally came across Wild Mushroom Pierogies. I had only tried pierogies once or twice before and felt it was time to eat a whole dish of them.

Since I made the dough for the pierogies from scratch, I spent a loooong time in the kitchen, which is not exactly fun after a long day at work and a good run afterwards. I was starving by the time the suckers were finished. So make sure you have enough time planned in for these. If you have a pasta machine, use it to get thin dough. I had trouble getting the dough thin enough by using a rolling pin.

Despite all the hard work involved, it was worth it. The pierogies were excellent.

Click here for the recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment